Sunday, September 6, 2009

Week One: August 24th


After keeping it clean for the first week of school, it was time to get dirty-faced. I made it as far as Friday's Meet The Teacher (8-14) with a neatly-trimmed goat, pencil-thin sides and a clean, shorn look.
Then I just let things grow the following week, and though I am not a particularly fast grower, I had some nice scrub-face going by the next Friday. (Only one kid asked, "Are you ever going to shave?) We shall see....
So began the official journey with this entry I call the Burgeoning Beard. Nothing serious, but slightly more sand paper than Indy Jones. Every beard has to start somewhere.

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like a shorn look, it's breathtaking...I assure you. Though I would know nothing of that myself either.

    ReplyDelete