Friday, November 12, 2010

Week Ten: November 8th to 14th



Pre-Week: This week's entry, suggested by my friend Matt from Utah, is an homage to the somewhat-fallen Red Sox hero, Big Papi. Of course, many people will notice a slight difference over which I have little control, but I still find this representation to be fairly accurate. Not only that, but I get to spend the first two days of the week at a conference for teachers from around the state. Maybe they'll ask me to jump in the batting cage and drop some dingers on the hotel lobby.

Get your vote in for next week by Sunday, November 14th at 4:00 PM. Bonus: I have Parent-Teacher Conferences this week. I would ask you to be kind in your selections, but I believe that may fall on deaf ears. Have at it!

Week In Review: Perhaps because I was not wearing the Sox hat, few recognized my uncanny resemblance to the Papi himself. I wanted to step into the cage and launch a few PED-free bombs over the imaginary Green Monster just to show them what was what. No such luck, as I live nowhere near Fenway Park and would not be allowed on the field, with that horrible Babe Ruth baseball season to my credit. (For those whose ears the legend has not reached, I once trumped all comers--except two others on my own team--with what must have been a then-league record thirteen whiffs. I was Mark Reynolds before it was in vogue; which, presumably, would make my compatriots Ryan Howard and Adam Dunn: we three with none of their power but all of their big-swinging style.)

Still, this beard celebrated the re-upping of Ortiz with the Sox, just shortly before its facial incarnation. Good timing. Now, to work on my swing....

No comments:

Post a Comment